Wake up and fall in love THIS one-bowl coconut cashew granola. This is a simple, easy, nourishing recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to prep is perfect if you want to eat a nourishing breakfast throughout the week, without having to cook each morning. Just bake this granola for 30 minutes once on Sunday and you’re set!
If you follow my Instagram, you know I’m a huge fan of homemade granolas. If you asked me a year ago, however, if I’d ever made any in my life, I’d have given you a huge laugh. Making your own granolas can seem like something that takes forever, but it’s really the simplest, easiest thing!
You’re going to go head over heels f0r this simple, nourishing granola. It’s not your typical homemade granola and comes backed with some natural comfort foods like coconut and cashews and a bit of crunch with raw buckwheat groats.
Cook this and your whole apartment will smell magical! It’s just the most delicious thing. Make sure to keep a regular stock of this recipe handy because it will go fast. You can eat it on its own, on creative breakfast toast, in smoothies, and even on top of stuffed sweet potatoes!
The Coconut and Cashews in this granola combine to give you a wonderful rich mouthfeel with some serious health benefits. Both are full of healthy plant-based fats that work to improve heart health and actually help you better absorb nutrients which is crazy. Buckwheat a gluten-free seed that I’ve grown to love in my breakfasts. It’s got an amazing nutty flavor and can either be roasted or enjoyed raw. This seed is also a complete protein and is loaded with the iron that women like me need so much. Not bad for something that tastes so amazing!
- 1 ½ cups thick cut oats
- ½ cup raw buckwheat groats
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut chips
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to 250*F
- This recipe couldn’t be easier. Just mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl, then add the vanilla, extract, melted coconut oil, and honey and stir in. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly onto it.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 30-32 minutes, then remove from the oven and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.