Tired of boring salads and got 5 minutes? Try something new and absolutely stupendous on your plate today: 5-Minute Asian-Inspired Salad! This every-color salad is 100% raw, vegan, gluten-free and comes with sprouted ingredients for extra yum. No surprise then that it’s quickly become my favorite go-to meal.
If you’re like me, you LOVE salads, but often go the same few combos with little variety. Looking at colorful salads online is an amazing thing until you realize that some awesome recipe takes an hour to make. Who wants to spend an hour making a salad? That’s where this baby comes in! It’s a thousand percent Instagram-worthy, is made with awesome ingredients you don’t normally find in a salad, and takes just 5 minutes. Win!
The salad is a blend of red cabbage, grated or shredded carrots, fresh kale, sprouted beans (a great way to get more nutrients!), bean sprouts, cashews, ginger, garlic, seaweed, and sesame seeds, all AMAZING ingredients that are as awesome for you as they are beautiful. Nori seaweed flakes and sesame seeds on top are totally optional, but do give a wonderful depth to the flavor. I bought both at a Japanese market. If you can’t find them at your local store, white sesame seeds (easier to find) and any toasted seaweed you have shredded with your hands are fine.
- 1/2 large red cabbage, chopped
- 1 grated or shredded carrot
- 1 cups chopped green kale leaves, packed
- ¼ cup sprouted beans
- 2 big handful fresh snap peas
- ¼ cup raw cashews (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ inch fresh ginger or 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- juice of ½ lemon
- Shredded nori seaweed flakes
- Black sesame seeds
- Grab a large mixing bowl and start on your salad by chopping the red cabbage and separating the leaves with your hands as you add them into the bowl. Next, either grate your carrot if you have a full carrot with you or add 1 cup of shredded carrots that you can buy from the store. Next, de-stem, wash, and finely chop the kale leaves and toss them into the bowl followed by the sprouted beans, snap peas and raw cashews.
- To make the dressing, simply put all ingredients in a small blender and mix for about 10 seconds until fully blended. Toss the dressing into the salad, top with sesame seeds and nori seaweed flakes and serve up!