These blondies taste absolutely heavenly and are my new favorite dessert. They’re naturally sweet, gooey, and decadent, but still healthy! You’ll swear you’re eating the best butter-filled recipe ever and will have no idea that they’re gluten-free, vegan, and made with – wait for it – chickpeas! This recipe is made with only 10 ingredients and is so simple to put together that anyone can get them in the oven in just minutes.
Make this for the next movie night or party you’re throwing and just wait for them to be devoured in minutes. These are my favorite thing to make for sweets-loving friends who are wary of any kind of change in their desserts. A few guy friends of mine tried these for the first time and said they were the most amazing blondies they’ve ever tasted, so you can imagine their faces when I told them the ingredients!
These blondies are sweetened with only dates, maple syrup, and the natural sweetness of te almond meal. Adding chickpeas and chia “egg” (basically chia seeds that have absorbed water) in them makes it so you don’t have to use any butter, eggs, or oil. They work to bind the remaining ingredients and add loads of fiber and protein to help you feel nourished and sustained after eating them.
You can sub out the vegan chocolate chips for cacao nibs if you’re looking for an extra immune boost in your recipe and it’s absolutely delicious.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Optional:1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Begin by making the chia “egg” – add the water to the chia seeds, then let the seeds absorb the water while you prep the remaining ingredients. Next, combine your dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place your chickpeas, dates, vanilla extract, almond milk, and maple syrup in a food processor and blend for about a minute or until smooth. Next empty the contents into a mixing bowl and slowly stir the dry ingredients and chia egg in. If you're putting chocolate chips in the blondies, add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Line a 10-12” square baking dish with parchment paper, and spread the dough evenly in the dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, let cool, then enjoy! Tip: try putting extra dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs on top of the blondies right as they come out of the oven. They'll warm up and will be slightly gooey when you go to enjoy them!