Let me tell you – making the perfect granola is super tough! I tried recipe after recipe for months and months and finally discovered this! I put all the most amazing things in my pantry into one granola and it’s so unbelievably delicious and simple to make! My little sister swears that it tastes just like Nutella which I find pretty cool considering this is a free of refined sugars and gluten!
This is a delicious and antioxidant-rich way to make you feel like a rock star as you kick off morning. The dried blueberries are packed with vitamins and add a wonderful color and texture against the cacao-covered oats. I used raw cacao powder here because the flavor is so dense and pure that you really just need a few tablespoons to see a fabulous pop in flavor and color in your dish. Roasted with the hazelnuts, it’s absolutely divine. The coconut, too, is antioxidant rich and adds a boost of MCFA fatty acids to aid digestion and get your skin and hair glowing! I added hemp and chia for a power dose of omega-3s and cinnamon to help regulate blood sugar.
This rich, nutty, deceptively decadent granola is amazing on its own, with almond milk, or on top of a superfood smoothie like my kale, berry and acai smoothie.
- 2 ½ cups thick cut gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut chips
- ¾ cup dried blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder, depending on how chocolatey you want the granola
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 250*F
- Start with the dry ingredients by roughly chopping the hazelnuts or mashing them. I actually prefer this as you get bigger chunks of nuts. Put paper towels on the top and bottom of your hazelnuts and mash them with a hard tool (a jar of coconut oil works well 😉 ) Add them to a bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil, add the maple syrup, and stir. Add this mixture to the dry bowl and stir.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture evenly across.
- Pop that baby in the oven, bake for 45-50 minutes, and voila – you’re a granola master!