Don’t have time to cook, but want the perfect Fall or Winter pancakes in under 20 minutes? Try these AMAZING plant-based, gluten-free persimmon pancakes. It’s hard to believe that it’s already Mid-November! I had a persimmon tree in my yard when I was growing up and have the best memories of eating them with warm spices throughout the Fall months. I wanted to find the perfect cozy breakfast recipe with persimmons and after a whole lot of trial and error, I finally found the perfect dish: these coffee-spiced persimmon pancakes!
These are just perfect. That’s it. No better way to describe them. They’re simply AMAZING! They have the perfect blend of sweetness and spices and are still amazing for you! These pancakes are plant-based, gluten-free, and made without refined sugar, and totally easy to make.
The spice mixture is unbelievable: nutmeg, cinnamon, and yes – coffee! Coffee grounds in pancakes? Trust me on this – they’re amazing! The subtle flavor of the persimmons with the spice of the nutmeg and cinnamon and kick of the coffee is out of this world. Try it – you’ll get addicted! If you only have whole coffee beans and don’t have a coffee grinder, just blend them into a powder in your blender!
You will need a blender for this recipe to get the persimmons nice and smooth. Grab it and you can prep pancakes in under 10 minutes! These are perfect for Christmas morning or any lazy weekend day during the Fall and Winter months. Try topping them with sliced persimmon, chopped pecans, pomegranate, and maple syrup!
- 1 cup brown rice flour or buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon coffee grounds
- A dash of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean with pods removed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 persimmons, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond milk
- A dash of coconut oil for your skillet
- Sliced persimmon
- Chopped pecans
- Pomegranate seeds
- Maple syrup
- Start by mixing together your dry ingredients. Combine the brown rice flour through salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, add the vanilla, maple syrup, peeled & chopped persimmons, and almond milk to a blender and blend until the persimmon is broken down and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. You’re now ready to get cooking!
- Warm the skillet. Add about ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil and heat the pan to medium heat. You want the pan to be hot, but not burning hot when you add your pumpkin mix. When the skillet is hot, add about ¼ cup of the pancake mix to the skillet at a time and cook on medium low to medium heat. Flip the pancakes after you start seeing air bubbles coming through the surface, then cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet to cool as you make the rest of the mix. Add more coconut oil into the pan as you add new pancake mix for cooking.
- To serve, top the pancakes with sliced persimmons, chopped pecans, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup and enjoy!