This easy green pea baked falafel is absolutely delicious and so perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s plant-based, takes just under 30 minutes to make, and is absolutely heavenly. I’ve been eating these with absolutely everything lately and am so excited to share the recipe with you! It’s a green pea and chickpea-based falafel seasoned with flavor-packed fresh foods like parsley, cilantro, mint, and lemon.
Try them on their own or enjoy them with some beet hummus and lemon in a collard green falafel wrap or bowl. So delicious and so easy! You’ll absolutely love them.
- 1 ½ cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- juice of ½ lemon
- This recipe is so easy it almost shouldn’t be allowed. Start by setting your oven to 375*F. Next, add all the ingredients to your food processor. Make sure that your herbs are chopped so they’re easier to blend. Pulse the mixture in the food processor until the ingredients blend into a course meal, but stopping before everything is completely smooth. You don’t want to make hummus!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and add the falafel to the sheet by balling the mixture using an ice cream scooper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them and enjoy!