I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! Easy Maca Oats with Chia Berry Compote and Caramelized Bananas – such a dream! This weekend-friendly breakfast for one is plant-based and gluten-free and totally drool-worthy. It’s the most delicious way to change up your oatmeal routine.
Maca in oats might sound a bit strange, but trust me when I say that they’re delicious together. The maca is naturally energizing and has a slightly nutty-mocha taste that makes the oats absolutely dreamy.
Topped with a homemade chia compote and some caramelized bananas and voila! The breakfast of the gods.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoom maca powder
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Start by grabbing a small saucepan, adding the compote ingredients, and simmering for about 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, while you make the oats and bananas. You can add the maple syrup if you’d like it a bit sweeter.
- While the compote is simmering, go ahead and begin working on your oats. Simply add the oats, chia, and maca together in a small saucepan, stir, then add the almond milk. Bring mixture to a boil, then let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the oats cook.
- To make the caramelized bananas, just melt the coconut oil in a pan, then add thick slices of the banana. Heat on medium for about 1-2 minutes on each side, then remove from heat.
- Now you’re ready to put everything together! Simply pour the oats into a bowl, add the compote, then top with the bananas. Enjoy!