Whether or not you’re a turmeric fan, you’ll love these bars! Light, sweet, nourishing, and absolutely delicious, these No-Bake Crunchy Turmeric Granola Bars are about to be your new best friend. They’re packed with fantastic nutrient-rich foods like almonds, hemp, pumpkin seeds, oats, and dates, and take just minutes to prep.
I love eating these for a quick breakfast on the go! They’re so easy to pack up for a day on the go and will keep you running through every adventure that life might bring. They’re also, however, highly delicious and highly addictive. I may or may have been known to gobble down about 3 of these in minutes when I hit that 4pm slump. No shame in enjoying some wonderful bars people!
The “crunch” in the bars comes from the raw buckwheat groats which add a fantastic nuttiness as well as an awesome dose of fiber and antioxidants. Pretty sweet, right? I also added turmeric in this recipe and loved how it played against the sweetness of the almonds and honey. You honestly can’t tell that you’re getting something so wonderful for you in something that tastes so good.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup chopped dates (I used medjool, but deglet are also fine)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- This recipe is so easy it’s almost ridiculous. Start by adding all the dry ingredients from oats to turmeric into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate small saucepan, add the honey, almond butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Heat over medium-low until the ingredients combine and the coconut oil melts completely.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, pour the honey-almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Spread and press the mixture into a 9x13” glass dish and refrigerate for about 90 minutes or overnight to set, then enjoy! You can make portable bars by cutting the mixture into rectangles and wrapping them up for the road.