There is nothing better for the cold weather than a big batch of roasted brussel sprouts fresh out of the oven. Fortunately for you sprouts lovers out there, here is this new and totally drool-worthy recipe that will help you make sure you never tire of this amazing vegetable. These brussel sprouts are roasted, then topped with a comforting plant-based pesto and are the perfect way to spice up your holiday meal.
They’re incredibly beautiful , yet surprisingly simple to make which make. Just roast the sprouts, whirl all the pesto ingredients up in a blender, then toss everything together and you’ve got something delicious ready to eat! Feel free to all the pesto on the sprouts or keep some extra for your favorite pasta or bowl dishes. This pesto is guaranteed to make your tastebuds swoon, but is also dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan. What’s not to love about that?
- FOR THE SPROUTS
- 2 cups fresh brussel sprouts, with the ends sliced off (small sprouts work best)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE HEMP PESTO
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- a dash of sea salt
- Extra hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Wash and dry your brussel sprouts, then cut off the stems. Next, place them in a baking tray with a few tablespoons of olive oil, then some sea salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything together, then bake in a large baking sheet or roasting dish for 25-30 minutes.
- Start on the pesto while your brussel sprouts are cooking. Making it is incredibly easy. You literally just put all the ingredients together in a small blender (food processors don’t work well for this amount of pesto) and blend until smooth. Pour the contents into a small dish and set aside.
- Once the brussel sprouts are done, remove from the oven and spoon dollups of the pesto on top and stir it on in! Sprinkle with some extra hemp seeds and serve.