First of all I want to say a huge thank you to all you amazing readers! This blog tripled in traffic last month which is just so amazing! You all inspire me to keep trying new things and keep improving and I want to say thank you.
Now to the important stuff: muffins! THESE 30-minute, 1 Bowl Pumpkin Spice muffins are going to be your new obsession. They’re unbelievably easy, totally delicious, and are quick enough for anyone who thinks they don’t have time to cook.
Is there anything better than opening your oven and smelling something pumpkin-ey and delicious come out? I’ve always been absolutely helpless around anything Fall and pumpkin-flavored. Pumpkin breads, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin butter, you name it I’ve loved it.
If you love Fall sweets, but don’t like how ordinary baking ingredients make you feel, this recipe is for you! These are the sweetest, gooey-ist, most delicious muffins you’ll ever have and they just so happen to be made without eggs, butter, refined flour, or refined sugar. They really do taste even better than the unhealthy muffins out there! Don’t believe me? Just try them!
The best part of these muffins is opening them up when they’re still hot and taking a big breath of their unbelievably delicious scent. You’re going to just fall in love. The cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and vanilla combine with the pumpkin for the best scent ever. The muffins themselves are so soft and super satisfying because they’re made with only amazing ingredients! The base is simple almond flour, brown rice , pumpkin, chia seeds (to hold the muffins together), and maple syrup with pecans and other goodness. They’re also just the easiest thing in the world to make. I’m always nervous about baking anything that has to rise because I always forget to put ingredients together in the right order. This recipe, though, is so simple and completely foolproof that you won’t be able to do anything but bake perfect muffins all morning long! Try them with the extra pecans and pumpkin seeds on top for a huge breakfast win!
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or steamed fresh pumpkin are both fine)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (add a few more tablespoons if you like them sweeter)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Additional chopped pecans
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- This is super simple. Just start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, starting with the brown rice flour and ending with the cardamom. Stir to combine, then start by adding the wet ingredients from the coconut oil to the pumpkin puree. Stir to combine the dough, then fold in the chopped pecans.
- Take out a cupcake baking tray, rub in coconut oil or add parchment paper to prevent sticking, then add the mixture evenly to each cupcake form. Top with some extra chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, and almond butter for some extra color, then bake on the middle oven rack for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let them cool, and enjoy! I