I’m so excited to finally share this amazing recipe for easy grain-free Turmeric Cauliflower Rice with you! This dish is such a new go-to in my house and I’ve honestly been making it for weeks. It’s amazing eaten with everything under the sun. It’s plant-based, gluten-free, and grain-free, and is delicious enough to please anyone at a summer BBQ. What I love so much is how easy it is to make this meal. Cauliflower rice sounds like a pretty exotic and intimidating kitchen challenge when you first hear it, but I promise that it’s as simple as recipes come and takes under 25 minutes!
The only equipment you need to make this meal is a good food processor or a strong blender and a saucepan you’re good to go. Try this cauli rice with everything from Indian-style bowls, to tacos and salads. It’s awesome on top of anything and adds the most gorgeous color ever.
I made this amazing bowl with arugula, beet hummus, baked chickpeas, avocado, and sesame seeds and it’s basically heaven.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil, whichever is your favorite!
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper ground
- Juice of ½ lemon
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Start by washing and chopping the cauliflower florets off the stem. Add them to the food processor as you go, then pulse the food processor to create the “rice”. This works best if you pulse ½ of the cauliflower at a time so the cauliflower rice doesn’t clump up. Be sure to pulse the processor instead of blending, so you get coarse grains of cauliflower rather than a puree.
- Next, take a large saute pan and heat the oil over medium for about a minute before adding the white onion to the pan. Saute onions with the sea salt until they become slightly translucent, then add the cauliflower. Saute for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cauliflower begins to wilt before adding the turmeric and cayenne. Stir to combine the rice with the spices and watch the mixture turn a gorgeous golden color! Toss in the lemon and a bit of chopped cilantro to garnish and serve it on up! This dish is delicious both hot and cold, so you’ve got lots of options for deliciousness.